Saturday, 19 January 2013

Tonight, we are young, so let's set the world on fire

I went out last night and decided to play about with my outfit. It was a bit different to what I normally wear, but I think it looked all right in the end...


T-shirt from ASOS Marketplace - Belt from New Look - Necklace from Not on the High Street - Shoes from Peacocks - Leggings from Primark


I bought the T-shirt a while ago now, intending to wear it at an 80s themed night (which I missed), but I've only just got round to wearing it. Honestly, it wasn't what I was expecting and it did need a few washes (smelt a bit musty) before I felt comfortable wearing it. It's one of those things that really needs dressing up. Wearing it on its own, with no belt, it looks like a nightie, and not a very attractive one at that...But I like it with this cute owl belt:

 
 
The necklace is an Alice in Wonderland themed one, a bottle saying 'Drink me'. I've searched and searched the site for an exact link but I can't find one, although Not on the High Street has lots of very, very similar ones that are just as nice (some of them even a bit nicer, just a bit more expensive than the £7 I paid in the sale for it):


The shoes are incredibly comfortable - they're chunky and look quite high but are actually only a couple of inches. Brilliant for nights out!

I'm going to be a bit more careful about buying 'vintage' clothes from now on...Whilst I will wear this again I wouldn't pay the £15 I actually paid for it, not considering my mother has T-shirts similar to this one at home in the loft! The seller had dressed it up beautifully in the photographs so I was expecting a very different item of clothing to what I got. It also seemed longer, so I was expecting to be able to wear it with tights. Actually, it is long enough when you wear it without a belt but cinching it in at the waist makes it ride up - I couldn't have bent over at all, so I had to wear it with leggings instead.

It was a very fun outfit to put together and a nice one to wear - I did receive compliments on the top, which was nice :)


No comments:

Post a Comment